Session #5: Tourism & Ethnic/Indigenous Community Development II
10 August 2011, Wednesday, PM
1. Amy Louise Bott and Stephen Wearing (University of Technology-Sydney, Australia):
"Exploring new paradigms: the evolving relationship between protected area management, tourism and communities in World Heritage areas"
2. Emmy Yeung and John Ap (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong):
"The transformation of heritage building into tourism products: Perspectives from residents"
3. Travis Klingberg (University of Colorado at Boulder, USA):
"Independent tourism, the nature destination, and the future of tourism development in western China"
4. Chenyu Shan (Bournemouth University, UK):
"Understanding the behavior, motivation and satisfaction of Chinese coastal visitors: A case study of Rushan in China"
5. Esther Bott (University of Nottingham, UK):
"Pushing the envelope: Climbing tourism in Jordan's Wadi Rum"
Return to Schedule