Return to Schedule
Session #4: The Representation of Phantasmal Destinations
9 August 2011, Tuesday, PM
1. Zhaorong Peng and Rongling Ge (Xiamen University, China):
"The rightfulness of tourism as an other in China"
2. Desmond Wee (Keimyung University, Korea):
"Reversing gazes, performing identities, touring Martin Parrs"
3. Lu Jin (Xiamen University, China):
"The ecomuseum as a phantasmal destination in China: Divergent imaginaries of Minzu, officials and tourists to an ethnic village"
4. Rami Isaac and Vincent Platenkamp (NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands):
"Concrete utopia in Palestine: The house of Clair Anastas"
5. Elizabeth Carnegie (Sheffield University, UK):
"From Bannockburn to Brigadoon? Re-constructing Scottishness within the New World"