Session #2: Tourism & Ethnic/Indigenous Community Development I
9 August 2011, Tuesday, PM
1. Chin-Chin Wang (Aletheia University, Taiwan) and Carl Cater (Aberystwyth University, UK):
"Tourism as a post-earthquake recovery tool"
2. Xiaoyue, Zhang (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong):
"Tourism and poverty: The poor from the rich"
3. Gyanendra Yadav (Magadh University, India):
"Sustainable tourism and poverty elimination in developing Asian countries: A socio-economic analysis"
4. Megumi Doshita (Kanazawa Seiryo University, Japan):
"The enhancement of rural environments for tourism development: An analysis of the nature of tourism resources with reference to rural tourism development in Japan"
5. Pamela Ho (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong):
"Developing cultural events for tourism: The impacts on quality of life"
Return to Schedule