Session #1: Images, Imageries, & Imagination in Tourism
9 August 2011, Tuesday, PM
1. Fang Lu (Yunnan University of Nationalities, China):
"The photographers in the ethnic tourism: A case study in Hongwan Village, Mile, Yunnan, PRC"
2. Kevin Meethan (University of Plymouth, UK):
"Travellers tales of the exotic and the tourist imaginary: Travel blogs and expert opinion in tourism"
3. Jun Shao (Peking University, China), Ulrike Gretzel (University of Wollongong, Australia) and Bihu Wu (Peking University, China):
"Imagined destinations of media-induced tourists in China"
4. Martin C. Kao (Providence University, Taiwan):
"Does political party preference influence tourist destination image?"
5. Lina Tegtmeyer (Freie Universität Berlin, Germany): "Theorizing a culture of capitalism: Tourism and neoliberalism in visual culture of contemporary urban tourism in the United States"
Return to Schedule