The Research Committee on International Tourism (RC 50, ) of the International Sociological Association will organise a series of sessions devoted to different fields of empirical and theoretical studies in travel and tourism at the XVIII World Congress in Toronto (Canada), from 15 to 21 July 2018.
Founded in 1994, the Research Committee became an important platform for scientific exchange and scholarly debates in sociology of tourism at a global scale. The committee also comprises researchers in neighbouring disciplines and in fields such as leisure studies, migration, and politics.
Researchers from all countries and from all faculties are cordially invited to submit abstracts to the following sessions within the frame of the Research Committee. The main theme of the World Congress is “power, violence and justice: reflections, responses and responsibilities” but other topics are also welcome. For each session a chairperson is needed, so that we would appreciate if the proposals are accompanied by an intention to chair the respective session. Generally, the congress will carry on with the tradition of multi-, inter- and transdisciplinary works.
Submission: All abstracts should be sent to the organizers listed on each individual session.
Deadlines: 30 September 2017. Please include 300-word abstract, title, and contact details (name, affiliation, country, e-mail).
More information can be found on the ISA website here:
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS for the following RC50 Sessions
1. Knowledge, Tourism and Society: Power, Violence and Justice through Research
2. Tourism and the Power of Representation
3. Tourism is just Another Name of Power
4. Inclusion and Exclusion in Tourism
5. Silenced Voices and Lingua Franca in Tourism
6. Tourism and Violence
7. Emergent Soft Science Approaches in Tourism Studies
8. Gender and Tourism Power. Violence and Justice: Reflections, Responses and Responsibilities
9. RC50 Open Session